American Composers Orchestra (located in New York City) seeks a part-time Development Associate. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate supports administration of ACO’s various fundraising activities. This is a part-time paid position, paying $22/hour, 25-30 hours per week. Schedule to be negotiated with successful applicant.
ACO’s staff continues to work remotely due to ongoing safety concerns related to the pandemic. However, the successful candidate should be based in the tristate area with the expectation that attendance at events, such as concerts and board meetings, will be necessary in the future.
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is dedicated to the creation, celebration, performance, and promotion of orchestral music by American composers. With commitment to diversity, disruption and discovery, ACO produces concerts, pre-college and college education programs, and emerging composer professional development to foster a community of creators, audience, performers, collaborators, and funders. More information at www.americancomposers.org
- Candidates must have completed high school or GED.
- Some fundraising or related non-profit experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of digital meeting tools such as Zoom and Streamyard.
- A willingness to learn Network for Good (donor database software) and iWave PRO; training will be provided.
- A willingness to collaborate and take initiative.
- Ability to interact professionally with board members, donors, colleagues, artists, and audience.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Capacity to complete multiple projects on tight deadlines, while maintaining a high-level attention to detail.
We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities and backgrounds currently underrepresented in the orchestra field. The successful candidate will be highly organized and have knowledge of and passion for new music. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, experience with and/or willingness to learn donor management software and excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. ACO’s staff is a small and dedicated team who share responsibilities and support each other’s roles, offering opportunities for learning and growth as well as clear impact.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Availability: 25-30 hours per week, starting May 3, 2021.
Individual & Institutional Giving:
- Process all contributions and maintain donor database, using Network for Good.
- Prepare donor acknowledgements, cultivation and stewardship materials.
- Manage donor benefit fulfillment for all donors.
- Prepare materials for 3 annual direct mail campaigns, including management of mailing lists.
- Serve as point of contact for all donors.
- Assist with prospect research using iWave PRO.
- Serve as board liaison, sending regular meeting invitations, reminders, and other communications.
- Attend and take minutes for committee meetings, and quarterly board meetings.
- Create and distribute board reports.
Event Planning – Digital & In-Person:
- Plan and produce online donor events, using Zoom, Streamyard, etc.
- Assist with special events, including annual Gala; pre and post-concert receptions, Commission Club events, and other cultivation events throughout the season.
- Work with Director of Development to manage mailing lists and the timely mailing of invitations.
- Track all RSVP’s and pledges.
- Coordinate logistics, hospitality, and front-of-house for all events.
- Serve as liaison with vendors: venues, photographer, florists, etc.
- Serve as concert ticket concierge for select donors.
Please send cover letter and resume as PDF to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Monday, April 19, 2021. We hope to fill the position by May 3, 2021.
ACO is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.