American Composers Orchestra (located in New York City) seeks a website data entry freelancer who will work remotely on entering 40 years of concert and readings history into ACO’s online composer archive (https://americancomposers.org/composers/), audio archive (https://americancomposers.org/listen-to-the-music/), and performance archive (https://americancomposers.org/performances-events/past-performances/). Using ACO’s custom-built WordPress dashboard, the data entry freelancer will enter information about composers, work titles and events. Information will be pulled from an existing Excel spreadsheet, websites and other online resources. The successful candidate will be self-directed in their work and share weekly progress reports.
Due to remote work, candidates may be based anywhere in the United States. A laptop will be provided, if needed. Access to internet is required. Successful candidate will be trained in how to use ACO’s custom-built WordPress interfaces.
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is dedicated to the creation, celebration, performance, and promotion of orchestral music by American composers. With commitment to diversity, disruption and discovery, ACO produces concerts, pre-college and college education programs, and emerging composer professional development to foster a community of creators, audience, performers, collaborators, and funders. More information at https://www.americancomposers.org
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds are highly desired.
- Excellent computer skills, previous experience with data entry, website design, and/or WordPress is preferred.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of and interest in contemporary American music and archive work will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must have completed high school or GED.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Availability: 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, from September 14-December 4, 2020.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, September 6. ACO will respond to applications no later than September 14.
- Data entry to transfer 10 years of New Music Readings events from Excel spreadsheet and online resources to ACO’s new website database, including information on composers, works, recordings, and events.
- Data entry to transfer 40 years of concert performances and festivals from Excel spreadsheet and online resources to ACO’s new website database, composers, works, recordings, and events.
- Communicate with living composers to ensure proper identity representation in ACO’s database.
- Other website maintenance and editing as time allows.
Position will work with all members of the five-person ACO staff, and will report to ACO’s Director of Development.